Item: Wombaroo Granivore Rearing Mix 1kg
Wombaroo Granivore Rearing Mix is a complete diet for rearing and supplementing grain-eating (granivorous) birds.
Wombaroo Granivore Rearing Mix Key Features
- Nutritionally balanced high protein formula for hand rearing parrots, pigeons & finches.
- Enriched with omega-3&6, vitamins and minerals for improved chick health.
- Excellent dietary supplement for breeding birds
- Provides nutritional support for young, sick or malnourished birds.
Directions for Wombaroo Granivore Rearing Mix
To feed as a Hand Rearing Food
- Feed chicks from newly hatched using a spoon or syringe with feeding tube/crop needle:
- The first feed of the day for 3 days should be a high quality yoghurt with high live micro-organism count. This provides a reliable source of live bacteria (probiotics) that may have a beneficial effect on a bird’s intestinal microbial population.
- Feed young birds a dilute mixture to begin with, and then gradually increase the solids content as they get older as follows:
|Chick Age||Grainivore Rearing mIx
(1 Heaped Teaspoon = 5g approx.)
|Day 2 to 5||10g||50ml|
|Day 6 to 10||10g||40ml|
|Day 11 to 20||10g||20ml|
|After Day 20||10g||10ml|
- Allow prepared mixture to stand for 2 minutes to absorb all the water. Remix, and if too thick reheat the mixture and add a little more water to make the desired consistency. Feed at a temperature of 36-38ºC with a spoon or syringe. Feed until the crop is full, taking care not to introduce food into the windpipe.
Feed prepared Granivore Rearing Mix 6 times daily when chicks are very young, reducing this to 3-4 feeds per day as the chick gets older. Feed small amounts frequently and allow the crop to empty completely at least once each day (ie overnight). Thoroughly clean utensils before food preparation. Food must be prepared fresh for each meal. Discard all uneaten food.
To Feed as a Supplement
- Granivore Rearing Mix is an excellent supplement for breeding birds and can be used as nutritional support for underweight or malnourished birds:
- To Supplement with Fruit & Veg: Mix 10g (2 heaped teaspoons) of Granivore Rearing Mix with 20g diced fruit or vegetables. Prepare fresh daily
- To make as an Egg Food: Mix 1 teaspoon of breadcrumbs with 1 with mashed hard-boiled egg and 20g (4 teaspoons) of Granivore Rearing Mix. Gently mix to a moist , crumbly consistency. Prepare fresh food daily.
Womabroo Granivore Rearing Mix For Sale Sydney
Feel free to come visit us in store as we always have Wombaroo Granivore Rearing Mix for sale in store at our online price, Petsville at 684 Botany Rd Alexandria 2015 NSW. Parking available out the front.